Thoughtful laundry happens here
Handmade in British Columbia, Canada, ULAT Dryer Balls are the best way to bring your sustainable lifestyle into the laundry room. As the original and only patented wool dryer ball, our unique design maximizes efficiency so you can dry your clothes better.
Frequently Asked Questions
Put all three balls in your dryer along with your washed clothes and turn on the machine. Balls will pill, which is an indication they’re working well. Feel free to remove the pills and continue to use.
Absolutely, to naturally scent your clothes, simply add your choice of pure essential oils (available at our store) to each dryer ball. The heat in the dryer will magnify the aroma of the scent and so please don’t over saturate each ball.
Our pure wool dryer balls are made with 100% Canadian premium wool and each ball is completely handmade. Canadian sheep deal with extreme temperatures and produce an abundance of buoyant soft wool, which is ideal to make our unique method of wool dryer balls.
- ULAT Dryer Balls can decrease the amount of electricity needed for each dryer load.
- Using them can reduce wrinkles and static in clothes, minimizing the need for ironing.
- They do not harbour bacteria and so are safe for people with sensitive skin. In fact, this is we are a great product for cloth diapers and towels.
- ULAT Dryer Balls are a natural and non-fragrant alternative to using chemically-laden commercial dryer sheets. Should you want scented clothes, just add a few drops of your choice of essential oil to your set of dryer balls and you’re good to go.
- Want to remove toxins from your home and away from your body? This can easily be achieved with your dryers load using ULAT Dryer Balls.
- Each ball has an average weight and dimension of 2 ounces; all three balls are to be used together in each natural fibre dryer load. This allows for even absorption and balance in your dryer’s drum.
- No animals were harmed in any process of making our wool as muling is illegal in Canada. We only source our premium Canadian wool from ethical and humane sheep farmers. Each new ball is made from new material.
- As each ball is hand-crafted, characteristic differences may occur. Appreciate their uniqueness but be confident they all perform the same.
In addition, ULAT Dryer Balls is an Accessible Employer and works only with other like minded organizations. By choosing ULAT Dryer Balls, you are supporting more than environmentally friendly clean clothes. You are providing opportunities for others to excel in life.
Yes, with front load and top loading dryers, new and older models. Please note the size of the load as well as the make, model and year of machine will vary the performance of your ULAT Dryer Balls.
Wool dryer balls work best on natural fibres, such as linen, cotton, hemp and bamboo. This is because synthetics cling and pull the wool fibres from the dryer balls, causing lint and in some cases static. This isn’t harmful but can reduce the lifespan of your ULAT Dryer Balls.
In general, manufacturers recommend that synthetic products be hung to dry, as the heat from the dryer can break down the elasticity of non-natural fibres, decreasing their longevity. They also suggest this to eliminate pilling which can be caused during the drying cycle when tumbling with natural fibres.
We recommend you read each label as a surprising number of clothes contain non-natural or synthetic materials.
If you have blended fibre fabrics that are more of a natural fibre than not, you should not have a lint issue. But, if the fibre content is close to a 50/50 ratio, we recommend you hang dry your synthetics.